Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Don’t Have The Spoons To Deal With Your Mug

, , , , , | Working | March 25, 2021

I’ve started to bring my own coffee cup to work after I noticed how badly some people wash up the company-provided ones; leaving behind mould, lipstick, soggy biscuit crumbs, etc., for the next person.

I have a neon orange cup and spoon set from a Secret Santa that happened years ago; it even has my name plastered across the face of it. It’s totally garish but perfect for the office. I leave it on my desk and wash it up as I need to use it, mainly to stop it from getting damaged sitting in the breakroom.

One afternoon, I go to make myself a coffee but find the cup and spoon missing from my desk. Someone tells me that they were taken to be washed up along with a load of other dishes.

I walk to the nearby breakroom and they’re not in or around the sink or in the cupboards and there are no spares in sight. I turn around and ask the room:

Me: “Has anyone seen a bright orange cup and spoon set? I think it has my name on it…”

I glance at the faces and see [Coworker] from accounts with my spoon sticking out of her mouth.

Coworker: “Oh, sorry, I didn’t realise it was yours. Here.”

She offers me the spoon straight from her mouth.

Me: “Tell you what? Why don’t you finish with it first? I can have mine later.”

Coworker: “Well, if it bothers you that much! Fine!”

I grabbed some food from the machine and picked up my cup when my coworker was done with it, only to find that she hadn’t bothered to wash it at all! I kept my stuff locked away after that.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!