Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butternut

, , , | Right | April 5, 2020

(I notice that one of the donut labels in the case has been put in the wrong place, labeling “chocolate coconut” as “chocolate butternut,” instead. The actual chocolate butternut donuts have no label. I mean to fix it but forget. However, there is a clear distinction between the chocolate coconut donuts which are covered in white coconut and the chocolate butternut ones which are covered in yellow butternut.

A female customer in her 40s comes up to the front.)

Me: “Hi there! What can I get for you?”

Customer: “Hi, I’ll get a medium iced coffee and… a chocolate butternut donut.”

(I begin to grab a chocolate butternut from the non-labeled slot but the woman stops me.)

Customer: “No, no, not that one. The chocolate butternut.”

Me: *confused momentarily* “Oh! You mean the chocolate coconut? Sorry, someone mislabeled this earlier and I just forgot to fix it.”

Customer: “Oh! That’s chocolate coconut?”

Me: “Yes.”

Customer: “Coconut’s white?”

(I sputtered for a few seconds before handing the woman her donut and cashing her out.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!