Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

However Much Snow There Is, Standards Are Double

, , , , , , | Right | July 14, 2022

As is typical of midwest Januarys, we recently received a good half a foot of snow over two days. It’s a Friday night, it’s snowing like crazy, and it’s significantly below freezing. We’re understaffed, and the manager of the pizza place I work at has just told us to stop taking delivery orders. The phone rings, and I go to answer it.

Me: “[Pizza Place], how may I help you?”

Customer: “I’d like to order [lists around ten items] for delivery.”

Me: “I’m sorry, we’re no longer taking delivery orders tonight.”

Customer: “Well, why not?”

Me: “It’s snowing hard, we only have one delivery driver at the moment, and he doesn’t feel safe driving in these weather conditions.”

Customer: “I’m sure it’s fine. I can’t see the roads, but they’ll be fine.”

Me: “We can’t take any more delivery orders. If you want to come to pick it up, I’d be glad to put in your order.”

Customer: “I can’t do that! I can’t get my car out of the driveway because of all the snow!”

Me: “There’s nothing I can do for you, then. Sorry.”

I swear the customer actually growled at me before hanging up. Unfortunately, this was only one of many calls like this that I took.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!