Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Push Through That Grump

, , , , | Working | January 3, 2020

(I tend to be a cheerful person, even when not on shift. Most of my coworkers just smile and accept this. One coworker, however, whom I shall dub Mr. Grumpy, cannot seem to fathom how it is physically possible for me to be nice to people off shift.)

Mr. Grumpy: “You’re just fake nice for the customers, right?”

Me: “No, I’m not.”

Mr. Grumpy: “I don’t believe you. You’ve got to be faking. Nobody’s this cheerful for real. I do drugs and I’m not that cheerful! What stuff are you on?”

Me: “I’m a minor and don’t do drugs, nor am I prescribed anything.”

Mr. Grumpy: “We need to dissect your brain when you die. There’s obviously some screwy stuff in there; it’s not healthy to be that cheerful on a regular basis.”

(Later, after I’ve helped a customer get a better deal while off shift.)

Mr. Grumpy: “Why are you being nice while off the clock?” *to manager* “We need to swap her out; this one’s broken!”

(On my last shift, he actually said goodbye in a nice tone. I think I’m a good influence on him!)


This story is part of the grouch day roundup!

Read the next grouch day roundup story!

Read the grouch day roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!