Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Make $20 Priceless

| Related | August 21, 2013

(In DC, homeless people often beg inside metro stations. I witness a homeless man ask two sisters standing on the platform for money.)

Man: “Could I have some change? Please? I’m hungry. Could anyone spare a few coins?”

Sister #1: “No! If you want money, you should get a job and earn it yourself. It’s people like you who drag society down. All you do is take money from hardworking people like us. Leave us alone, please!”

(The homeless man tips his hat to them and turns to leave. Sister #2 grabs his arm.)

Sister #2: “Wait! Don’t go so fast! Here, I don’t have much more than this on me.”

(Sister #2 hands the homeless man a $20 bill.)

Sister #2: “Here you go; I’m sorry I couldn’t give you more.”

Man: “Oh, missy, thank you. God bless you.”

Sister #2: “No, no. God bless you, and good luck in whatever you do.”

(The homeless man walks away, markedly happier.)

Sister #1: “Why did you do that? You know you’re just encouraging them! Geez. I don’t get you sometimes.”

Sister #2: “I have a job. It’s my money, and I’ll do what I want with it. It’s none of your business. You could tell he needed it more than I did.”

Sister #1: “Well, still! You could’ve spent that money on something worthwhile!”

Sister #2: “Like what? Tell me, what exactly could I buy that is more important than a fellow person?”

Sister #1: “Whatever. But don’t waste your money like that anymore.”

Sister #2: “I’ll waste it however I want. I wouldn’t want to live in a world that was full of people like you. I can’t believe I’m even related to you!”

(It makes my day. It’s good to know that there are people with hearts of gold in the world!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!