Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How To Foil A Bad Manager

| Working | August 25, 2013

(We are at a low-price pizza place. Two of my friends are drinking milkshakes, when one of them starts to spit out tin foil. The other friend also finds some and calls the waitress over.)

Waitress: “What can I do for you?”

Friend: “Yeah, my friend and I here found tin foil in our drinks.”

Waitress: “What?”

Friend: “Look, this is the little pile of tin foil she’s made from inside her drink.”

Waitress: “Hold on, I’ll go get the manager.”

(The manager comes over.)

Manager: “So, what’s wrong?”

Friend: “Yeah, we’ve got tin foil in our drinks. Look.”

Manager: “Oh. Yes. Well, don’t worry; that’s just from the lids.”

Friend: “Wait, what?”

Manager: “Yeah, well, the milkshakes have tin foil lids and I guess they fell in.”

(We wait expectantly.)

Friend: “Okay, but it’s not meant to be in there, is it?”

Manager: “It won’t harm you!”

Me: “That’s quite a pile that my friend has made.”

Manager: “It’s just a bit of tin foil!” *sighs* “Well, what do you want me to do about it?”

Friend: “Could we have some new drinks? Without tin foil?”

Manager: “If you must…”

(He grudgingly brings them new drinks. Later, we get the bill.)

Me: “Wouldn’t it be funny if they tried to charge you for the milkshakes and your new drinks?”

Friend: “…they have.”

Me: “You’re kidding.”

Friend: “No, take a look. This is absurd! I’m not paying this.”

(We call the manager over.)

Friend: “You’ve charged us for milkshakes and the two new drinks.”

Manager: “Yeah, well, you ordered them.”

Friend: “No, we asked for replacements because you served us drinks with tin foil in them. You can’t seriously expect us to pay for both.”

Manager: “Alright, alright, fine! Give me the receipt!”

(He takes it away and brings back a new version, making it clear that he wants us to leave. My friend keeps the receipt, as it appears that this restaurant actually has a button specifically for tin foil in drink reductions. We never go back.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!