Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How Spiders Say Hallow

, , , , , | Right | September 25, 2015

(I am mildly arachnophobic but have always been excited to see scary decorations every Halloween. I’ve never gotten to decorate my house before, so upon receiving a free set of fake spider web decorations, I decide I’m courageous enough to put them up and get a fake spider to go along with them. I go to a Halloween store to purchase a spider. I carefully stay away from the many moving spider props and pick out a traditional furry spider with wire legs. When I go to purchase my spider at the cashier’s station, a large spider drops down from the ceiling into my face.)

Me: *gasps loudly and jumps a foot back* “Jesus Christ!”

Employee: *laughs* “Well, we know the props are doing their job!” *points up to the spider*

(The spider is on a string; it’s a prop that I noticed in the aisle, advertised to drop down from where it’s hung.)

Me: *sheepishly* “I’m arachnophobic.”

Employee: “Oh, gosh, sorry about that!”

(I was able to laugh it off along with the employee, but I still don’t know what I expected upon going into a Halloween store!)


This story is part of our Halloween roundup!

Read the next Halloween roundup story!

Read the Halloween roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!