Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How Do These People Operate Their Cars To Get To Work?! Part 2

, , , , , | Working | January 28, 2022

I’m the author of this story.

I’m in a meeting with a guy from the IT department, trying to sort out a security program for our public computers. The IT guy, being a professional IT guy who mostly works with other professional IT guys, is having problems understanding the average patron’s IT skills.

In the middle of my meeting, one of my coworkers knocks on my door.

Coworker: “Hey, [My Name], one of the public computers won’t connect to the Internet. You need to come and fix it.”

Me: “Did you check that all the cables are connected?”

Coworker: “Yes.”

Me: “Did you try to reboot it?”

Coworker: “Yes.”

Me: “Well, we’re in luck today because [IT Guy] is here. I’m sure he’ll be able to figure out this emergency.”

We all march out to look at the computer. I immediately spot the problem. 

Me: “Well, would you look at that? The network cable has been disconnected. Didn’t you say you checked them?”

Coworker: “Well, I can’t be expected to know how to do that!”

She wanders off. The IT guy turns to gape at me.

IT Guy: “Wow.”

Me: “Yep. And she’s supposed to be an information specialist. I rest my case.”

Related:
How Do These People Operate Their Cars To Get To Work?!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!