Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

How Do Some People Become CEOs?

, , , , , , | Working | CREDIT: Salty_Firetrucks | September 27, 2022

I work in tech support for a big German retailer. The CEO’s laptop needs some updates on several programs; per his rule, we weren’t allowed to push that remotely on him. I go into his office and he is already annoyed about the fact it is going to take longer than two seconds.

CEO: “I’m going on a break!”

I do the thing and leave. It takes me thirty seconds.

I get a call from the CEO five minutes later.

CEO: “You f***ed up my computer! My screen is flashing and I can’t press anything! Get in here now!

Sweat pours down my back as I take the elevator and go back into his office.

CEO: “What the f*** did you do? I can’t do s*** here without you guys messing up every tiny thing. I swear, I’m getting a whole new department if this s*** happens again!”

I look, and the screen is flashing. I can’t even get it to reboot. My panic intensifies… until I look over to the side of the desk and see that there’s a remote Numpad with a folder on the Enter key.

I push the folder off of the thing and can’t hide the grin on my face.

CEO: “This didn’t happen, okay?! Don’t tell anyone downstairs!”

That was the first thing I did. Condescending jerk…

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!