Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hotel With A Costco Annex

, , , | Right | July 31, 2020

Our hotel has a little store where you can buy a snack, a drink, or a beer, etc. The store itself no bigger than a closet. There are no limits, but the most items I’ve seen anyone buy is five.

Me: “Hello.”

Lady: “Hello, I’d like to buy these. And these. And these.”

The lady brings over twenty items and ten bottles of beer and piles all of it on top of my computer and me.

Me: “Er, okay.”

I start counting.

Lady: “Do you have some plastic bag or a cart to take these in?”

Me: “Uh, no, we don’t, sorry. The only carts we have are the luggage carts.”

Lady: “Hell-lo? The luggage carts are for d*** luggage! Well, how the f*** am I supposed to take all these?!”

Me: “With all due respect, ma’am, our little store isn’t a supermarket. Most people only buy a few things at a time.”

Lady: “Well, that’s just f****** stupid! Kids! Come help me with this stuff!”

Her five kids help her carry the stuff upstairs, each one throwing me a dirty look. The lady leaves some cash, but not enough, so I charge the rest to her room.

Next Customer: “Wow, some people think this is a grocery mart or something? Just these two items, please.”

Me: “Nooo problem.”

And yes, the lady complained about her room being charged even though she didn’t pay enough for the items!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!