Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hot On The Cent

| Right | August 6, 2014

(We sell candy 10 for 1$, which equals 10 cents each. A lady walks up with her husband and child. I start ringing them up and the customer tosses a bag of candy onto my register.)

Customer: “I do not know how many is in there.”

Me: “Okay, I will finish ringing your items and count these last.”

Customer: “Good.”

(I am just about done when I dump out the bag of candy and start counting.)

Me: “Okay, you have 34 pieces of candy which will be 3 dollars and 40 cents for the candy.”

Customer: “Wait, it said 10 for a dollar. Should I go get more?”

Me: “That is entirely up to you as they are still 10 cents for a piece of candy.”

Customer: “But it says 10 for a dollar. I WANT THAT PRICE!”

Me: “Ma’am, you are getting that price. It’s 10 cents for a piece of candy.”

Customer: “BUT I WANT 10 FOR A DOLLAR!”

Me: “Ma’am, what is 100 divided my 10?”

Customer: “10, you stupid girl.”

Me: “Okay. Well a dollar is 100 pennies and its ten pieces of candy for one dollar. Each piece of candy will be 10 cents. Therefore, you are getting the sale price.”

(She then started screaming at me for making her seem like an idiot in front of her family. She then threw her credit card at me and stormed out of the store. Her husband stayed behind to apologize and say thank you for putting up with her.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!