Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hopes To Be Carded Every Time

| Working | April 25, 2016

(This particular retail store has a store credit card that offers you a discount on your purchases. Most cashiers casually offer it, but don’t push it too hard. There is one cashier, however, who made it his personal mission to promote this card.)

Cashier: “And will this be going on your [Store] card today?”

Me: “No, I’m afraid I don’t have one.”

Cashier: “But you’ve got the reusable [Store] bags! You obviously love [Store] enough to get the bags! Why not get a [Store] card to complement them?

Me: *laughing* “That’s a good point! I just don’t need an excuse to spend any more money here.”

Cashier: “The [Store] card is like the Gandhi of store credit cards! Except instead of ending British Imperialism, it saves you 10% on your purchases!”

Me: *dying of laughter at this point* “I still won’t, but thanks for the encouragement! Maybe someday!”

(I now make it a point to go through his line whenever I see him working. Kudos to him for making his job as fun as possible, both for him and his customers!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!