Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hope They Short-Circuited When They Saw The A**hole Tax

, , , , | Right | April 30, 2023

I work for an Internet service provider. A job shows up on my laptop in the morning, and it turns out a tech has been to the customer’s home before but wasn’t able to resolve the issue because the owner wasn’t home. I arrive at the customer’s home and she is there. After I introduce myself:

Me: “I just need to take a measurement at the side of the home to verify that the problem is in the house.”

I am basically double-checking that the other tech did his job correctly.

She flips her s***!

Customer: “No! The problem is in the house!”

Me: “Well, it will only take me a few seconds to verify.”

Customer: “Either you come inside immediately or I’m going to call your manager and give you s***!”

Me: “Okay, the problem is in the house. Have you unplugged all your phones?”

There was a short circuit, and it’s usually a phone or modem plugged in causing this.

Customer: “Of course, I did!”

She is rolling her eyes as if I’m an idiot.

Me: “Do you have a modem, and is it unplugged?”

Customer: *Kind of taken aback for a second* “I didn’t unplug my modem.”

Me: “Unplug it, please?”

I watch on my multimeter as the short circuit disappears. I tell her that was the problem. Still not believing me, she says:

Customer: “Hold on a minute. I’m going to verify with my phone.”

Sure enough, it’s working.

Customer: “Huh, you don’t know how lucky you are, because I was just going to yell at you.”

I smugly told her to have a nice day, went outside to my van, and charged her for every single thing I could possibly find related to the service call. I hope she enjoyed her bill.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!