Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Holy Moly Guacamole

, , , | Right | March 11, 2019

Me: “Hi. How may I help you?”

Lady: “Hi. I’ll have the nacho strips with guacamole, and a large [soda].”

Me: “The guacamole is an extra fifty cents. Is that okay?”

Lady: “Yeah, fine.”

Me: “All right, your total is $4.50.”

Lady: *hands me her card*

Me: *rings her up, hands her the large soda, and since there aren’t any other customers I get her order right away* “Here you go, ma’am.”

Lady: *looks at her food then back to me with a frown on her face* “What is this? I didn’t ask for guacamole on this.”

Me: “Huh? Yes, you did.”

Lady: “No. I didn’t.”

Me: “Ma’am, the strips don’t come with guacamole. I can’t physically put some on your food unless you ask for it.”

Lady: “Well, I didn’t ask for it, and I don’t want it. I want new strips without guacamole on them.”

Me: “One moment, ma’am.”

(I don’t want to try to argue this with her so I tell my manager who pretty much says the same thing — that no one would’ve given her any guac unless she asked for it. I shrug. She tells me we can replace the order, but since we haven’t had customers we don’t have any strips ready. She’ll have to wait.)

Me: “Well, ma’am, I can replace those for you, but it’s going to take at least ten minutes to make a new batch of strips.”

(I admit I said this a bit too cheerily.)

Lady: “What? I don’t want to wait that long!”

Me: “Unfortunately, that was the last of the strips we gave you before. So, in order to replace your order, we will have to make more, and it will take at least ten minutes.”

Lady: *huffs* “Fine.”

(I conveniently forgot to refund her fifty cents for the guac on her previous order. And I took more pleasure than I ought to have, watching her wait for her food. When her new order was ready I set them out on the counter and she just took them and left without a thank-you. But that was fine because, in all honesty, she wasn’t welcome.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!