Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hit By A Realisation, Not A Car

, | Friendly | June 13, 2014

(I have just left a grocery store and am getting ready to leave the parking lot. I’m getting things arranged when I hear a loud thump. A quick investigation reveals a rather inebriated man, about 50, standing next to my car.)

Me: “Are you okay?”

Inebriated Man: *slurred* “H*** no! You just hit me with your car!”

Me: *I raise my eyebrow* “Uh, no, I didn’t.”

Inebriated Man: “Yes, you did! I’m the pedestrian here and I had right of way.”

Me: “No, you didn’t and I’m fairly sure most people will agree with me.”

Inebriated Man: “H*** no! I’m going to sue the h*** out of you! Where’s your insurance information!”

Me: “In my glove box, where it will remain. You can try to sue me but I don’t think you’ll win.”

Inebriated Man: “The h*** I won’t! Give me one reason I shouldn’t call my lawyer right now!”

Me: “Well, for one, my car is parked so I couldn’t have hit you. Second, said car is off. Three, I’m standing beside my car holding my keys so I don’t think anyone else did either.”

(He looked at me for a few minutes as I slammed the trunk of my car, now filled with groceries. He glanced inside my car and confirmed it was, indeed, empty before he staggered off, whispering curses under his breath.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!