Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Last Order Is Already In The Past

, , , , | Right | August 9, 2021

In the UK, most bars can only serve alcohol until 11:00 pm. This usually results in a surge when “Last Orders” are called, as customers try to cram in several rounds before they’re forced to go home. I’m ethnic Chinese and have just rung the bell for last orders when a sweaty young man forces his way to the bar, clicking his fingers at me.

Customer: “Oi, Charley Chan, I’ll have eight pints of [beer] and eight double [whisky]s.”

I ignore him and turn to another customer who was ahead.

Customer: “Oi, [ethnic slur], get me my f****** drinks!”

I continue serving other customers but nod my head at my manager, who also acts as a bouncer. This customer is now using various expletives interspersed with racially charged language.

Customer: “Hey, get me my drinks or I’ll f*** you up!”

Manager: *Leaning over the bar* “Listen, mate, you don’t speak to anybody that way, least of all my staff, so you’re going to get out and you’re never coming back. You’re barred forever.”

Customer: “Yeah, you going to throw me out? C’mon, make me! Make me?”

The customer was satisfyingly led out of the bar. I wish I could say it was the last time I was abused at that job, but it was great to know my manager and most of the regulars always had my back.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!