Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Intentions To Lighten The Mood Were Noble

, , , , | Working | December 20, 2019

(I’m working and chatting with two of my coworkers after one of our regularly scheduled weekly meetings. One coworker is known for being outspoken and was hired shortly after I was, so we’ve worked together for years. The other is fairly new and quiet. [Coworker #1] and I are discussing a frustration we are having with some of the things our boss said at the meeting, and although she’s more upset about it than I am, it’s a fairly amicable discussion.)

Coworker #1: “I’ve tried bringing it up with HR, but they just say they can’t do anything about it.”

Me: “Well, just to play devil’s advocate, it’s possible that [Boss] meant it in a different way. I know it wasn’t appropriate, but I don’t think that was their intention.”

Coworker #1: “Ugh. Whatever.”

(Silence.)

Coworker #2: “Hey, did you guys know that Adolf Hitler had some Jews who worked for him that he pardoned, including a doctor that saved his mom’s life? He called them ‘Noble Jews.'”

Coworker #1: “Um… no? That’s very interesting and… very random.”

Coworker #2: “Well, it seemed tense in here, so I thought I’d change the subject and try to calm things down…”

Me: “With Hitler?!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!