Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Common Sense Got A Flat

, , , | Right | April 10, 2021

We own an auto repair garage. During a stormy and very wet August, a guy calls and says he has a flat, but he has enough air to bring it to our garage for a tire repair.

My husband puts it on the hoist and takes off the tire, looks at it for about a minute, and then looks at the other three tires still on the car.

Husband: “Yeah, I can’t repair this; the tire is too worn and won’t hold a repair.”

Customer: “Why not?”

My husband points to the bald tire with metal showing.

Husband: “One: it’s a hole on the sidewall. Two: this tire is completely bald and unsafe. And three: it was a rock that punctured it.”

Customer: “But I wanted to keep this set on until November and then switch to my winters!”

Husband: “All your tires are in the same shape; they’re all unsafe. You need a new set immediately.”

The guy didn’t want to replace the tire, and my husband wanted nothing to do with it. He didn’t even charge him, but he did warn that any fix was a temporary solution and it couldn’t be driven over a certain speed, etc.

Three weeks later, the guy was still driving on it and the other three bald tires.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!