Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Behavior Defies Explanation

| Right | November 19, 2015

(My family is eating dinner in a local Greek restaurant. While we’re eating, we see a man come in along with two women. The man seems to speak an odd blend of Dutch and English. They’re quickly seated, and are served drinks and a complementary basket of bread and garlic butter. Moments afterwards, the man calls over the serving girl.)

Man:” Your boss! Go get him!”

(Despite her surprise at the sudden demand she brings over the owner of the restaurant. The man picks up a piece of bread as if it’s the most disgusting thing he has ever handled, and holds it up towards the owner.)

Man: “This is terrible service! This bread, it is dry, and it is cold!”

Owner: “I’m sorry that it seems to be dry, sir, and we had not realize you wanted it to be warm. I will ask the kitchen for a new basket of bread and have them heat it up for you.”

Man: “This is ridiculous! I must have warm bread. Why is it not warm?”

Owner: “Once again, our apologies, sir. We don’t normally serve our bread warm; however, as I said, we can certainly heat some up for you. ”

Man: “No! I want to know how you can think to serve cold bread! I must have warm bread! I am an American; we always have warm bread! I must have warm bread!”

Owner: “Here it is customary to serve it cold, sir, but once again, I can have some heated up for you. ”

Man:” NO! I want you to explain to me how you dare to serve cold bread! How dare you do this to your customers?!”

(At this point the owner is clearly fed up with the man but he stays calm throughout.)

Owner: “It is simply what we serve here, sir.”

Man: “No! I must have an explanation! You must explain to me how you think you can get away with this! Explain to me why think you can serve cold bread!”

(The man kept demanding an explanation, volume rising all the while, until the owner was forced to ask them to leave. When the topic of the bill came up, the women suddenly started claiming they hated the beers they were served. They were eventually given their drinks for free, just to stop them from starting another scene…)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!