Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

His Attitude Will Have You Shaking

, , , , | Working | July 4, 2019

(I am a teen, starting work in a laboratory. I am quiet and new to the working world, so I keep my head down and do everything to not screw up. There is a coworker that everyone tiptoes around. I can’t see why, apart from him being a bit unusual, until one day it becomes clear when two of my coworkers come into the room very flustered.)

Coworker: “You can’t speak to the driver like that!”

Unusual Coworker: “That idiot does it all the time.”

Coworker: “He’s just doing his job!”

Unusual Coworker: *shouting* “Then he needs to do it properly!” *storms out, slamming the door so hard the whole room shakes*

Me: “What was that all about?”

Coworker: “One of the guys dropped some parts off slightly out of the line marking. [Unusual Coworker] shouted and swore at him.”

Me: “You are kidding me!”

(No sooner have I finished my sentence than the unusual coworker storms back in again, slamming the door open.)

Unusual Coworker: “I don’t know what you two are talking about, but you need to pull it together. I’m sick of putting up with stuff like this!”

Coworker: “Don’t take it out on me; you need to calm down.”

Unusual Coworker: *getting right in his face* “You want to take this outside?”

Coworker: “Get out of my face, or I will make you regret it!”

(The atmosphere is terrible. I can’t speak, just shaking my head as he yet again storms out. Things calm down after a few hours before the unusual coworker blocks my path outside.)

Unusual Coworker: “I don’t like your attitude.”

Me: “What? I haven’t said two words to you.”

Unusual Coworker: “You shook your head at me; I want an apology.”

Me: “What?! Fine. I apologise for shaking my head. Get out of my way.”

(I reported his attitude to my boss, as did my coworker. A week later, he was removed from the company. I’m still working there, but it is a much better atmosphere all round.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!