Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

High Expectations For That Mochi

, , , , , , , | Working | June 4, 2021

My husband and I have decided to run to our local convenience store for some late-night snacks. They’ve recently started selling a two-pack of mochi ice cream and it’s a treat I’m pretty fond of, so I grab a pack and take it up to the counter where the cashier starts ringing us out.

Cashier #1: *Getting to the mochi* “Mochi, huh? This has been real popular since we started selling it. What is it?”

Me: “It’s ice cream wrapped in a rice dough.”

Cashier #1: “Is it good when you’re sober?”

Me: “I… Wait… Sorry, what?” 

I’ve never had a question like this asked before and, to be honest, it completely throws me and I’m not quite sure I heard him right. Even my husband looks confused by how out of left field this question seems. A second cashier who is behind the counter making hot food answers.

Cashier #2: “You know, some food is just better when you’re drunk. Or high!”

I share a bemused look with my husband.

Me: “I mean it… it’s ice cream. I… I guess, yeah, it’s really good.”

Cashier #2: “Cool, I’ll have to try it sometime!”

Hope you enjoy it, dude, whether or not you’re sober.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!