Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He’s Not Taking Lying, Lying Down

| Right | May 30, 2013

(I work as a second line support, mostly dealing with emails from clients. One client is so nasty to my first line phone-support coworker, that she just cannot deal with him anymore. She begs me to take the call.)

Me: “Hi, this is [name]. I was told you had some questions about the legal binding of your contract, and therefore you were transferred to me. Would you please clarify what the issue is here?”

Client: “THIS F****** CHICK ON THE PHONE SAID THERE WOULD BE A F****** FEE IF I CHANGE MY PHONE PROVIDER! SHE’S F****** LYING! I WAS NEVER INFORMED THAT THIS—”

(He trails off and just screams profanities. I remain silent until he finally calms down.)

Client: “…um, hello?”

Me: “Yes, sir, I am still here. However, as we will not be able to resolve anything while you are screaming at me, I figured I’d wait until you were finished. Anyway, from what I’ve gathered, you are upset that cancelling your contract will result in a cancellation fee?”

Client: “YES! I already changed provider, and you guys sent me the bill! I WAS NOT INFORMED!”

Me: “Well, sir, did you receive your information text? It can sometimes be hard to get all the information from—”

Client: “I DID NOT GET A TEXT! I WAS NOT INFORMED!”

(I decide to pull up his actual contract, to check what information he actually received. I go quiet for a bit.)

Client: “…um, hello?”

Me: “Sir, I just pulled up your contract here. You are one of our few clients who actually got your contract from one of our sales reps, on paper. Normally, they are given electronically over email or text. But you got the full contract, complete with all the information about our terms, on paper. You wrote down your details yourself, and signed it. How were you not informed?”

Client: “It did not say there were a cancellation fee!”

Me: “Yes, it does. Right under where you put down the phone numbers you wanted the agreement for. Where it also says how long you have to stay with us before you can change provider without the fee.”

Client: “But… I didn’t agree with that!”

Me: “You filled out the contract, checked of the box that said you had read, understood, and agreed to our terms of agreement, and signed the document.”

Client: “But… I didn’t read the terms of agreement!”

Me: “But you signed that you did.”

Client: “Well… but… You people should know that I was lying! I AM NOT PAYING THIS STUPID BILL!” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!