Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He’s Gambling With His Health

, , , , | Right | October 30, 2020

I work in a Tribal casino on its own Sovereign land, meaning they can make some of their own rules like allowing smoking indoors, as opposed to the rest of the State.

As I’m walking around the gaming floor sanitizing high-touch surfaces, I spot a guest with his mask completely missing. While we make exceptions for people eating and drinking, this man has no drink, no food, and no cigarettes.

Me: “Excuse me, sir. Can I have you put your mask back on?”

Grumpy Guest: “No.”

Me: “Oh, would you care to tell me why?”

Grumpy Guest: “Because I’m an American and this is a free country!”

Me: “Actually, sir, you are currently on Sovereign Tribal land and everyone is required to wear their masks. Did you need to get a new mask? Security has boxes of them around the corner.”

He gets quiet for a few moments, apparently trying to puzzle out how his patriotic announcement did not work in his favor.

Grumpy Guest: “Well, I guess I’ll just leave, then.”

Me: “I guess so.”

I walked around the corner to flag down a security officer who would have asked the man to leave, but when I came back, he had his previously missing mask on and was still playing his slot machine. I wish everyone working had a flock of security officers to call on for difficult people who won’t wear their masks. I hope all the rest of you stay safe and sane.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!