Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He’s A Real Big Meat(head)

, , , , | Working | December 4, 2020

While I have sometimes lifted heavy boxes at work, I’ve also hurt myself trying to do so. Generally, I only do it when there’s no one else to, because my coworker who’s around sixty-five will do it if I don’t. Today, I am working with an arrogant nineteen-year-old mansplainer who knows how to do everything. I’m somewhat of a private person, especially with people I don’t know or like.

Coworker: “Hey, we need big meat.”

That’s a forty-pound box that he is more than capable of lifting.

Me: “Okay.”

Coworker: “Well, go get it.”

Me: “Uh, no. I’m busy; you’re not.”

Coworker: “Just go get it.”

Me: “No. I’m not going to hurt myself trying to lift it.”

Coworker: “It’s just a box!”

Me: “Yeah, and I can’t lift forty-pounds very easily!”

Coworker: “Forty pounds is nothing.”

Me: “Not to me. It’s different for different people. I have hurt myself trying to pick those up and I’m not willing to do that today.”

Coworker: “How much do you weigh?”

Me: “That’s none of your business.”

Coworker: “Make a guess.”

I ignore him.

Coworker: “Tell me! How much do you weigh?”

Me: “No.”

Coworker: “Tell me! Now!”

Me: “No! That’s my personal business and you have no reason to ask me that question!”

Coworker: “Ugh! Fine!”

He stormed out. He did get the box, but he left the frozen food sitting on the counter so I still ended up having to put it away. No, this isn’t the first time he has attempted to ask me personal questions, like where I live, etc. I can’t stand working with him for many reasons, including how he treats me, especially since he doesn’t treat any of the guys the way he treats us girls.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!