Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Here’s Hoping Her Umbrella Breaks

, , , , | Right | CREDIT: Raphiella1206 | November 19, 2021

My husband and I arrive at the grocery store to get our weekly groceries. It’s cold and pouring down rain, so we’re walking as briskly as we can to get out of the weather.

As we are walking up the row we parked in, a lady in a gold sedan pulls into the yellow-lined space that is right next to the handicap spaces meant for ramps and such for wheelchairs to get in and out of vehicles.

I think to myself, “Is she really going to park there?” We keep walking and I keep glancing back. Yup, she’s parking there. Before we get to the door, I turn around and see her start to get out of the car, and somehow, I find the courage in all my anger to yell out to her:

Me: “Hey that isn’t a parking space!”

She literally growls at me.

Me: “You’re blocking the handicap space!”

Lady: “Ugh! Fine! I’ll move!”

She makes to get back in her car. I turn to start walking inside, but then, I get a feeling she is just waiting for me to leave. I turn around and, sure enough, she is waiting for me to leave. I stop and watch her. She knows she’s not getting away with it now, so she starts cussing at me and eventually — she’s drawing a lot of eyes now — says that she’ll move.

The entire time she is cussing, I just stay silent and let her dig her own grave. Then, when she says she’s moving, I yell out to her:

Me: “Then do it!”

My husband got a real kick out of that as he chuckled. He knew I had everything handled, so he stayed silent while I took care of the lady. He knows I can’t stand entitled people.

The entitled woman angrily got back into her car, struggling with her umbrella in her haste, and then peeled out of the non-space to another actual parking space literally five cars down across from her.

I get it; it was raining, it was Mother’s Day, and she was probably just running in for last-minute cards and flowers. But d***!

I finally got inside the store where the greeter thanked me and told me that, apparently, people park that way all the time and they’d given up saying anything to them and just let the police handle it from now on.

Next time, I think I’ll just call the police and watch.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!