Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Here Or There Or Anywhere

, , , , , | Right | September 16, 2011

(We have a big sign on the bakery counter with an arrow saying “Please Pay At The Till”. Despite this, a lot of people think they can pay at the counter.)

Me: “Next, please.”

Customer: “Hey, you haven’t taken my money yet!”

Me: “Oh, sorry. If you’d like to take everything over to the till, you can pay there.”

Customer: “That’s ridiculous. I’d like to pay here!”

Me: “Well, I’m sorry, ma’am, but I don’t have a till behind here.”

Customer: “Can’t I just give you the money and you can put it through the till later?”

Me: “Sorry, ma’am, I’m not allowed to do that.”

Customer: “Well, fine!”

(I watch as she walks to the left, past cashier and the “Please Pay Here” sign, eventually standing at an empty counter. The cashier continues to serve people lined up at his till. She finally turns to glare at me, whilst I serve other customers at the bakery counter.)

Customer: *to cashier* “Well, aren’t you going to come and take my money?”

Cashier: “If you come over to this till, I can do that for you.”

Customer: “Well, finally. At least someone around here knows how to do their job!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!