Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Here Is My Thesis On Why You Suck

, , , , | Right | June 8, 2019

(I am the only girl in the portable electronics section. This section is basically for anything you could pick up and steal: iPods, CDs, cameras, etc. I’m stocking shelves when a woman drags her daughter in and heads straight my direction.)

Me: “How can I help y’all today?”

Customer: “Like I need your help.” *turns to daughter* “Do you want to end up like this? Working here? Doing nothing with your life?”

Me: *cutting her off* “Excuse me. Please don’t speak about me that way.”

Customer: *getting loud* “Don’t you talk back to me, missy; if you had done something with your life and studied a bit more, maybe you wouldn’t be here!”

Me: “I’m here because I just finished my Master’s Degree at Oxford — Pembroke College by the way. I’m an adjunct at the university you are so proudly wearing colors for, while I work on my doctoral dissertation. Don’t you dare come in here and look at us and say we didn’t do something right, because I can guaran-f******-tee most of us did.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!