Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Sense Of Self-Worth Needs A Serious Discount

| Right | March 24, 2017

Me: “You’re eligible for a discount if you have a store card with us.”

Customer: “I do, but I don’t have it with me. Sorry.”

Me: “That’s fine. I’ll just need your phone number.”

Customer: “No.”

Me: “Sorry, do you not want the discount?”

Customer: “I do.”

Me: “Then I’ll need your phone number to get your details.”

Customer: “No.” *to her friend* “What a creep!”

(Her friend gives me a sympathetic look, but does nothing.)

Me: “I can’t get your account details any other way. The system only allows me to use a phone number. If you aren’t willing to give me it, then I can’t give you the discount.”

Customer: “Well, the answer’s still no.” *to her friend again* “Persistent!”

Me: “Okay, that’s £177.99, please.”

Customer: “Sorry, but I want the discount.”

Me: “I can’t give it to you without your phone number.”

Customer: “No. Can I speak to a manager, please?”

(I call one down.)

Manager: “How can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, your worker has been making advances on me and refuses to give me a discount until I accept.”

Manager: *shocked* “I’m very sorry about that. I’ll be sure to straighten it out. I can offer you the discount, though, to get you out of here.”

Customer: *looking smug* “Thank you. I don’t have my card with me, sorry.”

Manager: “That’s no problem. I’ll just need your phone number.”

Customer: “No.”

(She never did get the discount. The manager and I had a good laugh about it afterwards.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!