Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Scam Is Small Fry

, , , , | Right | March 16, 2020

(I have a very passive-aggressive manager who doesn’t take customer’s crap. There is a lady who constantly tries to scam us for free fries. She’ll order her food, sit in the lobby for about half an hour, and then complain that her food is cold and demand that we give her more for free. The problem is, she’ll eat half of it before complaining. I am not there when this happens, but my coworkers say it goes something like this:)

Customer: “Feel these fries. They’re cold. Get me fresh ones.”

Manager: “You had half an hour to eat them. They were fresh when we gave them to you, and you already ate half of them.”

Customer: “So? Give me more fries; these are cold.”

Manager: “Okay, that’ll be [price].”

Customer: *getting agitated* “No! I want fresh, free fries! You gave me cold fries!”

Manager: “We gave you fresh fries that you let go cold; I’m not giving you free fries!”

(She keeps arguing and holding up the line until my manager finally decides to give in and shut her up. Fresh fries just came up.)

Manager: “Give those fries to drive-thru. Make her wait.”

(She ended up waiting ten minutes for her fries and being put on our “be wary of” list. The same manager later blacklisted her from the restaurant.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!