Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her? Refused Service? I’m Shocked!

, , , , | Right | February 20, 2023

I have a few learning disabilities that, for the most part, aren’t a big deal. However, I have a harder time keeping track of time than most people, and I will think it is still morning when it is actually afternoon and vice versa.

For my job, I am the backup person for answering phones when the main person is busy or on lunch. The main person takes her lunch from 11:30 to noon, so I usually have to take a few calls right as it is switching from morning to afternoon. During this time period, I regularly say the wrong greeting, and most people either don’t acknowledge it or they laugh it off.

Me: “Good morning. This is [Company]. How can I help you?”

Lady: *Scoffs* “It is afternoon, but okay.”

I look at the clock which says 12:05, and I laugh.

Me: “Oh, you are right. This morning has been so busy, I lost track of time!”

Lady: *Suddenly screaming* “WELL THEN, GET A CLOCK YOU F****** R****D! IDIOTS LIKE YOU SHOULDN’T BE ANSWERING THE D*** PHONE IF YOU CAN’T EVEN TELL TIME!”

Me: “I’m sorry I made the mistake. Now, who are you looking to speak with today so I can transfer you to them?”

Lady: “Well, I was looking for service, but now I don’t want to have anything to do with your company because I do t trust that any of you aren’t r****ds. I’ll be taking my business elsewhere!” *Hangs up*

I went to my supervisor and told her what had happened. We pulled up the customer’s account by her phone number and found that she was on our “refuse service” list due to not paying bills and harassment of employees. So, even if she hadn’t had that conversation with me, she still wouldn’t have been given service, and her saying she would take her business elsewhere was inconsequential because we already banned her.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!