Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Hypothesis Is Out Of Step

| Friendly | May 11, 2016

(I tripped and fell down a flight of concrete/gravel composite stairs two days before my 18th birthday. I ended up spending four hours in the ER as the doctors had to untangle my braces from my lip and remove a piece of gravel that had went all the way through my lower lip. I ended up with a mass of black stitches, a very fat lip, and a very black eye. A few days later, looking much the worse for wear, I go to the grocery store.)

Me: *minding my own business, browsing the produce*

Little Old Woman: “You don’t have to stay with him, dear.”

Me: “Huh? I’m sorry?”

Little Old Woman: “You don’t have to stay with him; there are people you can contact to get help.”

Me: *catching on to the fact she thinks I’ve been abused* “Oh, no, I’m okay, I just fell down some stairs.”

Little Old Woman: “I’m sure that’s what he told you to say, but really, you can get help.”

Me: “Seriously, I just fell down some stairs. I’m okay.”

Little Old Woman: “Well, if you decide to get help, here are some people to help you.” *hands me a card to a local women’s shelter*

(As she turned to leave, my roommate walks up to me, and the little old woman gave him the dirtiest glare before huffing off.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!