Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Entitlement Is Stuck On Repeat

, , , , , | Right | January 5, 2020

(I’m at a chain coffee shop waiting for my order. The woman who ordered right before me is also still waiting for hers. In addition to a holiday-themed coffee, she has also purchased two dessert items. After a minute, the girl who took her order comes over to apologize and let her know that they actually only have one of the desserts she ordered right now.)

Employee: “I am so sorry about this! We have a few different options; you can pick any other dessert out of the case, I can refund you for the one you didn’t get, or I can issue you a $5 gift card for the inconvenience.”

Woman: “What are you going to do for me?”

Employee: “As I said, you can come over and pick out any other dessert from the display, I can refund you for one, or I can go ahead and issue you a $5 gift card.”

Woman: “But what are you going to do for me?!”

Employee: “I’m not sure how else to explain it, ma’am. As I said, I’m so sorry, but we can—”

Woman: “WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR ME?!”

Employee: “You know, I’m going to just go ahead and give you a $5 gift card for the inconvenience. I’ll be right back with that.”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!