Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Demands For Free Stuff Are Half-Baked

, , , | Right | February 7, 2019

(I’m fairly new to my job and I have a lady come through the drive-thru one night at around eight. Our oven is broken, so we can’t make any baked potatoes without burning them into oblivion.)

Customer: “Hi. I’d like a chili cheese baked potato, please.”

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry, ma’am. We don’t have any baked potatoes tonight; our oven is broken. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Can I get you something else?”

Customer: “No, I just want a baked potato. I’ve been looking forward to it all day.”

Me: “I’m sorry, we don’t have them right now. Our oven is malfunctioning.”

Customer: *holding up the other people in the drive-thru line* “Isn’t there another way you can make one?”

Me: “I don’t believe so. I’m sorry. Is there anything else you would like tonight?”

Customer: “You know what? Let me speak to the manager.”

(I call my manager over and he asks her to pull up to the second window. She does so, and he calmly explains to her, yet again, that we’re out of baked potatoes.)

Customer: *yelling* “You know what? Fine! But I want a coupon for a free baked potato!”

Manager: “Ma’am, we can’t do that. If we gave you a coupon, we would have to give every other person ordering here a coupon and we can’t do that. Besides, we don’t have any coupons for a free baked potato.”

Customer: “You don’t have to give anyone else one, just me! I’ve been waiting all day!”

Manager: “I’m sorry. There’s nothing I can do.”

(The lady was yelling profanities, and my manager finally calmed her down enough to tell her to leave. She continued screaming, but eventually drove away. As I looked back to the rest of the crew, they were all laughing their heads off and mocking her. Not a fun way to start a job.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!