Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Behavior Is Out Of Order

| Right | April 15, 2013

(We take all our orders verbally, sometimes faster than we can actually make the sandwiches. Most people just continue down the line after ordering, but some people insist on watching their sandwich get put into the oven. This can cause confusion for them when they don’t realize that we’re taking their order before we’re done with the sandwich before theirs.)

Customer: “I’ll have a large turkey.”

Coworker: “White or wheat bread?”

Customer: “White bread.”

(At this point, my coworker finishes the sandwich before hers and places it in the oven. It happens to be a small turkey on wheat.)

Customer: “Oh, my God. How hard can it possibly be?! I asked for a large turkey, and that’s not even white bread! Are you even listening?!”

Coworker: “I certainly am, ma’am. You wanted a large turkey on white bread. The customer before you happened to want a small turkey on wheat bread. That sandwich is his.”

(I hold up the large turkey on white bread.)

Coworker: “This sandwich is yours. I am now putting your sandwich into the oven, after the customer before you.”

(The customer happened to be accompanied by her daughter, who actually burst into laughter. The woman said nothing through the rest of the line.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!