Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Bargaining Power Has Gone To The Dogs

| Right | May 9, 2014

(I work at a pet store that sells puppies. A very angry customer comes in to buy a Boston terrier.)

Customer: “This place is filthy! You only have sick dogs!”

Me: “We are very proud of our sanitation standards as well as the fact that we have not had an outbreak of a major illness in over five years.”

Customer: “Hmph! Well, then I’m going to have to have some cosmetic surgery done on the dog because I don’t like this feature the dog has.”

Me: “Uh, well, these are natural features, and pose no health risk.

Customer: “I still demand the price of the puppy dropped down.

Me: “Our prices are already very fair. Especially when everything comes with the puppy, even the microchip and the vaccinations.”

Customer: “I demand to see the manager!”

(The manager comes over and the situation is explained. Eventually, the customer makes an ultimatum.)

Customer: “I will be out the door with the puppy for $800 or with nothing!”

(It is then we all realize that the customer has not actually established what the price of the puppy actually is, which is just $600. For all her yelling and harassment of the staff, she was very nice after the manager changed the price to $800.)


This story is part of the Puppy roundup!

Read the next Puppy roundup story!

Read the Puppy roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!