Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Attitude Rings Hollow

| Right | October 7, 2015

(I got engaged a few months back, and we don’t have a lot of money, but my ring is beautiful nonetheless. This woman comes in, and she orders, notices my ring, and screws up her face like she just ate something really sour.)

Customer #1: “May I see your… ring?”

Me: “Oh, sure.”

(She starts inspecting it and it sounded like she started choking. She goes back to ordering, when I notice that her necklace detached and is falling off of her neck.)

Me: “Oh, I’m sorry but I think your necklace is about to fall.”

(She gets upset with me for some reason, and then sees that it is in fact about to fall on the floor and fixes it, then looks at me with a smug look on her face.)

Customer #1: “Thank you for that. If this had fallen, it would have shattered. This is VERY expensive.”

Me: “Okay.”

Customer #1: “It isn’t costume jewelry.”

Me: “Okay.”

(After she sits down to eat her food with a group of people, I collect trays in the dining area, and their group has a few of them. I think they would like to clear away the trays so they have more room. Another lady who is a regular is sitting with them.)

Me: “Hi, I’d be happy to take your tray for you if you’d like.”

Customer #2: That’d be great! Thank you, [My Name]!”

Me: “It’s no problem. I’m happy to do it.”

Customer #1: “Have you seen her ring?”

Customer #2: “Yes, isn’t it beautiful?”

Customer #1: “No, it’s awful. How come you wear that ugly fake jewelry? Do you think it makes you look important?”

Me: “Um… I wear it because it’s my engagement ring. I think it’s beautiful.”

Customer #2: *to me* “It is beautiful and it’s the meaning behind it that counts.”

(I tried to avoid them the rest of the time they were there, and my coworkers who had overheard had me wash dishes so I wouldn’t have to deal with that customer. The nice customer and the rest of her party are still regulars, but I’ve never seen the rude customer since.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!