Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

“Help” Is Not The Word You Were Looking For

, , , , , | Working | March 3, 2021

I am shopping in a higher-end food and clothes store looking for a bit of a treat. I pick up on a guy acting odd. He is looking around and filling a carrier bag with stuff from the shelf. I try not to judge. Besides, there is a worker right by him; he even looks over briefly in his direction. 

The guy heads toward me in a hurried walk and then runs at me. He turns to look behind him and he slams into me.

The way he hits me, he goes flying and I barely move. Before I can react, he grabs his stuff and ran out the door.

Worker: “Are you okay, sir?”

Me: “Err, yeah. Are you going to do anything about the shoplifter.?”

Worker: “The what?”

Me: “The guy who ran into me. He was clearly stealing from here. Didn’t you see?”

Worker: “Why do you think he was stealing?”

Me: “He filled his bag full of things from the shelf and ran out the door. Did you need me to leave my details or something?”

Worker: “Hmm, why would we want that?”

Me: “You know what? It doesn’t matter.”

Worker: “Okay, great. Please let me know if I can help further.”

I know some places tell staff not to intervene, but to be so clueless about what is going on around you?

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!