Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hellish Working Conditions

| Working | December 10, 2013

(Our office has gone through substantial cutbacks in recent years, even though our business has expanded. This has meant a lot more work for the remaining staff. It has put us all under some strain. A recent memo from upper management announcing a new labor-intensive policy was met with groans from most, and a loud outburst from one coworker noted for being… twitchy.)

Coworker #1: “And Pharaoh said, ‘Don’t give the Israelites any more straw, but force them to make as many bricks as before! They are lazy, demanding to sacrifice to their god! Make them work harder, so they keep working!’”

Coworker #2: *quietly, to me* “What’s he going on about?”

Me: “It’s from the Bible. Exodus. He’s comparing us to slaves in Egypt, and the VP to Pharaoh. With his beard, I guess he’s Moses.”

Coworker #1: “…and Rehoboam said, ‘My father laid a heavy yoke on you, I will make it heavier! My father chastised you with whips, I will chastise you with scorpions!’”

Me: “And now he’s moved on to 2nd Kings…”

Coworker #2: “If he brings a scorpion to work, I’m quitting.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!