Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He’ll Raise The Dead And Validate Your Parking

, , , , | Right | February 19, 2009

(A woman comes into my clinic with her six-year-old daughter and approaches the receptionist.)

Customer: “Hi. I need my daughter’s eyes fixed.”

Employee: “Sorry?”

Customer: “My daughter. She’s blind. I need you to fix it.”

Employee: “Oh, um… Is she totally blind? Can’t see a thing? How about light?”

Customer: “No, she’s completely blind.”

Employee: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I don’t think we can help you. How long has she been this way?”

Customer: “Oh, all her life. She was born blind.”

Employee: “Why didn’t you look for help earlier?”

Customer: “DON’T TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY CHILDREN, MISSY!”

(After listening in on the conversation, I decide to step in.)

Me: “Is there a problem here?”

Customer: *pulls her daughter’s arm* “Yes. My daughter is blind and you need to fix it.”

Me: “Ma’am, I’m sorry, but there’s really nothing we can do. We don’t treat things like that here.”

Customer: “NO! You call yourself an eye doctor?! You must be able to fix her, and you WILL!”

Me: “Like I said, I can’t do that.”

Customer: “Well, godd*** you all to h***! I’m going somewhere that will actually help us!”

Me: “Ask Jesus, I heard he was good at that.”

Customer: *storms out*


This story is part of the World Sight Day roundup!

Read the next World Sight Day roundup story!

Read the World Sight Day roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!