Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Heavy Lighter Reaction

| Right | November 7, 2013

(Along the front of the register counter, we have boxes of novelty lighters for sale, the most popular of which are shaped like flip-flops. Everyone plays with them, ignoring the huge neon signs that state: ‘Please do NOT play with lighters!’ As a result, a number of them are empty and no longer work. A pair of teenage customers are waiting in line, while I ring up another customer.)

Me: “Alright, your total is [total].”

(As I hand the change to the customer, I notice one of the teenagers pick up a flip-flop lighter and start flicking it.)

Me: “Please do NOT play with the lighters.”

(The teenage customer huffs and drops it back into the box while muttering to her friend.)

Customer: “Why not? I’m old enough!”

Me: “It’s not a matter of age. If everyone ignores the signs and plays with the lighters, they become empty. And then no one will buy them.”

(I ring up the teenager’s items, and give her the change.)

Me: “Have a nice night!”

Customer: “I’ll TRY. But I doubt I will because you were such a b****!”

(The teenage customer then storms off, leaving all her stuff in the bag on the counter.)

Me: “Don’t forget your bag!”

Customer: “Ugh! This is why I hate shopping; everyone is like, so RUDE!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!