Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Heard That Argument Until You Were Blue

, , , | Friendly | October 17, 2018

(I just started at a job and one of the females, nearly old enough to be my mother, has a long streak of blue in her hair. Nothing else is colored, just this two-inch-wide streak of blue hair. It looks really good.)

Me: “So, what made you decide on blue for the streak?”

Coworker: “It’s just hair! Does it matter?!”

Me: “No, no.” *shaking my finger at her* “I mean, why blue? Is it your favorite color like it is mine? Was it the best color choice for your blond hair? Do you not like green, or pink, or orange?”

Coworker: “Oh… I… Sorry… Yeah, it used to be pink and I wanted to change it.”

Me: “Neat. Can’t wait to see what you do next with it.”

(We actually got along great after that. One time she did tiger stripes in a streak down the middle. I have no idea how she pulled that off, but wow, was it cool. Turns out she was diagnosed with cancer and was enjoying her hair while she had it. She made a full recovery and many of the employees donated their hair in support of her, so we had a lot of short-haired employees running around for a while. Customers were really supportive.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!