Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Hear, Speak, Say, Play No Evil

, , , | Right | February 9, 2010

Me: “Thank you for calling [Store].”

Caller: “I was talking with my friend about that game I wanted for my grandson? ‘Uncharted Drake’s Fortune’? I thought it was clean, but my friend told me it isn’t clean!”

Me: “Clean, ma’am?”

Caller: “You know, clean! Not evil?”

Me: “It’s only rated ‘T’ for ‘teen’, ma’am.”

Caller: “But is it clean? I don’t want my grandson playing any evil games. What’s this game about?”

(I describe the premise of the game.)

Caller: “So you’re killing the bad guys, then? You’re the good guy?”

Me: “Exactly, ma’am.”

Caller: “So you’re like God striking down Satan?”

Me: “Yes, ma’am, something like that.”

Caller: “Oh, good, I’m so glad! Now my friend was telling me that in this game people are digging up graves. Is that true? That’s just not Christian!”

Me: “No, ma’am, it’s only the bad guys digging up graves and making zombies.”

Caller: “What’s a zombie? I’ve never heard of this.”

Me: “Dead bodies that come back to life, ma’am? They’re supernatural creatures, like vampires or werewolves.”

Caller: “Oh! This game isn’t going to teach my grandson to do any of that horrible witchcraft, is it?”

Me: “No, ma’am, like I said, only the bad guys are doing that. You’re the good guy; you’re trying to stop them.”

Caller: “Oh, okay, then. Well, thank you so much, and God bless you and everyone at your store, and God be with you!”


This story is part of our Biblically Bonkers roundup!

Read the next Biblically Bonkers roundup story!

Read the Biblically Bonkers roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!