Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Who Shall Not Be Planed

| Working | August 11, 2014

(I am working at the security checkpoint for staff to enter the baggage hold area. It’s right by one of the baggage claim carousels. Nearby is a large group of kids wearing identifier vests for a local charity camp. We tell them to wait right by us while they wait for their luggage to arrive. One curious kid can’t resist the opportunity to ask a few questions. My male coworker didn’t how to answer the little guy so it was up to the geek girl to answer everything.)

Kid: “Hey, what do you do?”

Me: “We protect the planes and baggage from bad guys.”

Kid: “Cool! Do you know Batman?”

Me: “Not personally. He lives in Gotham city. That’s a long way from here.”

Kid: *lists off a couple other superheroes and villains, and I correctly identify their locations* “So, how do you stop bad guys from getting in?”

Me: “By being bigger and meaner than those coming in.”

Kid: “But what if they drink a potion to become bigger?”

Me: “They would get their head stuck in the ceiling here.”

(I’m six foot and I can easily touch the low hanging ceiling.)

Kid: “But what if Voldemort returns?”

Me: “He would be in England so we would be pretty safe here.”

Kid: “You can’t know that! You must be prepared for anything!”

(That gets a chuckle from me and he turns to a friend, apparently done questioning me.)

Kid: “They don’t know Batman!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!