Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Should Have “Stopped” While He Was Ahead

, , , , | Right | May 18, 2020

I am catching the bus home from work. An older gentleman and I are the only passengers on the bus, and we’re in the middle of the countryside. The old man gets up and speaks to the driver.

Driver: “I’m sorry, sir, but I am not allowed to speak to you while I am driving.”

The old man continues speaking quietly.

Driver: “It is against the law for me to speak to you while I am driving; there’s a £5000 fine. Besides, I am deaf in one ear, so I can’t drive and listen to you.”

Old Man: *Shouting* “I SAID, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LET ME OFF THIS F****** BUS?! I WILL F****** WELL MAKE YOU TURN AROUND AND GO BACK TO MY STOP!”

The driver screeches to a halt by the side of the road and opens the doors, but the old man continues screaming at him. I’m pretty frightened by this point.

Driver: “Here, now I have stopped. I really don’t appreciate being sworn at.”

Old Man: “I wanted to get off back there! I know my f****** rights! It’s a hail and ride zone! I can get off wherever I f***** well like!”

Driver: “Did you even ring the bell?”

Old Man: “No, I didn’t ring the f****** bell! Here, I’ll ring the f****** bell. Does that make you happy? Eh?!”

He goes and aggressively stabs at the bell button.

Driver: “Please stop swearing at me. Please just get off the bus here, and you will not be welcome on here again.”

Old Man: “No! I am not getting off this bus! Give me your name! I am going to complain to the bus company about you! I know my rights!”

He hasn’t noticed me, and I get ready to call the police on my phone.

Driver: “Just so you are aware, this bus has CCTV.”

Old Man: *Goes pale* “Well, then shake my hand, and we’ll part as friends and say no more about it!”

He shook the driver’s hand and happily walked away up the road. I rang the bell shortly before my stop. The bus driver was so nice that he apologised for the earlier incident. I reassure him that it wasn’t his fault, and that there are some people in the world who understand how a bus works!


This story is part of the Swearing roundup!

Read the next Swearing roundup story!

Read the Swearing roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!