Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Searches For The Ultra Knowledge

, , , , | Right | April 10, 2020

(I see a lady and her son in the feminine care aisle and go up to offer help.)

Me: “Hi, can I help you find anything today?”

Customer: *holding up a box of tampons* “You don’t have this in ultra, do you?”

(I look at the box; the highest “level” seems to be called ultra. Unfortunately, it looks like we don’t have that type.)

Me: “Oh, no, it looks like we only have the super plus.”

Customer: *sigh* “That’s too bad. For me, I mean. Oh, well, I’ll find something. Thanks.”

Me: “All right. If you have any other questions, I’ll be around.”

(A few minutes later, I’m at the registers when the customer comes up to check out.)

Me: “Hi again! Besides the ultra, did you find everything all right?”

Customer: “Yup. Though my son just asked me how these work.” *pointing at the tampons* “He asked if they block the signals to the brain.”

Me: *laughs* “Uh, something like that!”

Customer:Exactly like that, yeah.”

Me: *to her son* “Don’t worry; in a few years you won’t want to know how they work.”

Customer: *chiming in* “That’s right. You won’t want anything to do with them, trust me.”

(I finished the transaction and the customer and her son left. The poor kid looked so confused, but his mom was so amused about it!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!