Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Has The Camera But She’s The One Snapping

| Romantic | April 23, 2013

(I work in the camera department. I am just wrapping up a sale with a customer who is purchasing a camera for his girlfriend.)

Me: “Alright, so your total comes to [total].”

(He hands me his card.)

Customer: “So, what’s there to do around here? I’m just in town for a couple days for work, so I really don’t know the area.”

Me: “Well there’s a few nice parks, the outdoor swimming area, malls, clubs, the new art gallery and library. Lots of options depending on what you’re into.”

Customer: “What if I’m into you?”

Me: “Umm… pardon?”

Customer: “What time are you off work? You should come by my hotel room; got one with a jacuzzi and everything.”

Me: “Yeah… ah… no thanks. I mean, I did just sell you a camera for your girlfriend.”

Customer: “You said it takes HD video, right? Could get some good use out of it!”

Me: “No thank you, sir. You have a girlfriend, and I’m not interested. Here’s you’re receipt. Have a good night.”

Customer: “Oh, come on! What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her! And it’s not like I’m looking for a relationship or whatever, just a good f***! How about this; I’ll buy you dinner first.”

Me: “Sir, get out. I’ve told you that I’m not interested. And as you registered the service plan on the camera under your girlfriend’s phone number, I have her on file. If you do not leave this store right now, I will call her, and she will know what you’re trying to do here.”

(He curses at me and takes off. What’s sad is that this sort of thing is actually considered normal by my coworkers.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!