Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Has An Amazing Station In Life

, , , , , , | Hopeless | May 29, 2019

I take the commuter rail to work every day. The station I get off at is extremely busy. It is right in the middle of a college campus — people actually walk through the station to get from one side of campus to the other — and has connections to about six different bus lines, a subway line, and shuttle buses to a local medical area. The neighborhood is okay but not stellar, and lots of students walking through tends to mean a lot of dropped trash and such. The roof is leaky, and sometimes the doors don’t close all the way, so dirt, leaves, and rain get in.

However, this is the absolute cleanest station on the line because of one janitor. This man is a machine. He is constantly sweeping, mopping, cleaning handrails, and picking up trash. Even on the most crowded days, there is hardly anything on the floor. I’ve been seeing him every day, just quietly doing his job more thoroughly than the (higher paid) janitors at the college I work at.

One cold day, I decided that his guy needed some sort of recognition for his work. I got him a $40 card to the local coffee and donut shop and gave it to him, explaining how grateful I was for his efforts. He looked surprised, but then his face lit up with the biggest grin I had ever seen on him. I wave at him all the time now, and I’m glad he knows that at least one of the ten gazillion people rushing by notices his amazing work.


This story is part of our Subway roundup! This is the last story in the roundup, but we have plenty of others you might enjoy!

23 Weird And Funny Stories About The Strangest Customers Ever

 

Read the next story in this roundup!

Read the Subway roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!