Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

He Became The Dinosaur Butt Of His Own Joke

, , , , , | Right | March 25, 2022

I work in a museum. Due to the recent health crisis, coupled with an extremely busy summer, our gift shop has been running low on product. Rather than have gaps throughout the store, we’ve consolidated what product we do have and left one small section of shelves completely bare.

Customer: *Sternly* “You know you have bare shelves?”

Me: *Begins the usual spiel* “Yes, unfortunately, it been very difficult for us to get product lately, so we’ve—”

Customer: “I don’t believe that! You’re just a bad worker!”

I think, “Surely, he’s just messing around?”

Me: “Haha, nah. I’m just a big fan of the clean shelf aesthetic.”

Customer: “No! You’re just a bad worker!” *Storms out*

I’m now less sure he’s joking, but I forget about it for a few minutes until I hear a commotion at the front desk from a familiar voice.

Customer: “I WAS FORCED TO LOOK AT DINOSAUR A**HOLES!”

Apparently, the man left the museum only to return and vent his various frustrations to one of my coworkers and a security guard.

Customer: “I’M GOING TO CALL TOMORROW, AND I EXPECT TO TALK TO WHOEVER’S IN CHARGE ABOUT THIS! OTHERWISE, I’M COMING BACK!” *Storms out again*

I explain to my coworkers what he said in the store.

Security: “Yeah, he seemed to be under the impression that the shelves were bare because we’re hiding product from the new exhibit from him.”

Me: “But, we do have [New Exhibit] products; they’re on the very first table he’d have seen when he walked in!”

Coworker: “I tried to tell him that, but I couldn’t get a word in.”

Me: “And the dinosaur a**holes?”

Security: *Sighs* “He was also upset that some of the dinosaur skeletons were facing away from him when he got to that section, ‘forcing’ him to stare at their butts.”

In this museum, there are two directions you can walk; one is more oriented for the new exhibits, while the other is more oriented for the dinosaur exhibits. He apparently chose the former, so when he reached the dinosaurs, some of them were “backward”.

Security: “He also believed we were hiding snacks from him.”

Me: “We haven’t sold snacks in the gift shop in years.”

Security: “Not according to him. Anyway, he demanded [Manager]’s number, so I’ll warn them they may have an interesting voicemail on their office phone tomorrow.”

A lady customer who was waiting in line behind the guy (and clearly had been trying to contain her laughter) passes us to enter the dinosaur exhibits.

Lady: “For what it’s worth, I’m now kind of excited to see some dinosaur a**es!”

That gave us all a good laugh!

Later, the guy revealed he was a long-time member! So, not only should he have been familiar with the direction of the dinosaur skeletons (seeing as they haven’t changed in years), but we now have all the info we need to trespass him if he returns!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!