Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

HB-Woah

, | Working | February 11, 2015

(I work in the appliances department of a well-known home improvement store. The following conversation happens between my supervisor, my coworker, and me.)

Supervisor: “I’ve read a few of the books but there was just too much stabbing in the back for me.”

Me: “And I don’t think there was that much sex in the books. At least, that’s what I hear.”

Coworker #1: “Well, it’s an HBO show. And because they can, they’ll add all that unnecessary stuff in there.”

Me: “True. Still, the whole brother-sister thing?” *shivers* “I can’t stand it.” *notices [Coworker #2] walking by* “Hey, [Coworker #2].”

Coworker #2: “’Sup.”

Supervisor: *ignores the greetings* “Yeah… incest is a big no for me. That’s usually where I draw the line.”

Coworker #2: *stops and turns around with a look of horror on his face* “What… are you—”

Supervisor: “Oh, Game of Thrones, man! Game of Thrones!” *laughs awkwardly*

Coworker #2: “Oh.” *relaxes* “Okay.” *continues walking*

Me: “Isn’t it funny how people will just accept whatever weird topic you’re talking about once you say it’s related to Game of Thrones?”

Coworker #1: “Shows you how screwed up that show is.”


This story is part of our Game Of Thrones roundup!

Read the next Game Of Thrones roundup story!

Read the Game Of Thrones roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!