Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Having A Rent Vent

| Right | November 17, 2015

(A new release has just come out that is very popular and everyone wants it. At this point in my shift, there are no more copies in the store and there haven’t been for at least two hours.)

Customer: “Do you have [New Movie] on DVD?”

Me: “We are all out right now, I’m sorry. Everyone has been excited to see it.”

Customer: “Well, don’t you have anymore in the back?”

Me: “No. As I said, they’ve all been rented already.”

Customer: “Well, you should have saved one for me.”

(I have never seen this customer before.)

Me: “Did you call and have one held for you?”

(We don’t have any being held, but if she had one that was supposed to be held, I would offer her some free movies for the inconvenience.)

Customer: “No, but if you have any being held, I’ll take one of those.”

Me: “If you didn’t call, I can’t give you someone else’s copy that did call.”

Customer: “Why not? I’m here now and want to watch it tonight.”

Me: “Ma’am, we don’t have any being held, and I wouldn’t give you someone else’s movie. Is there anything else I can check out for you today?”

Customer: “No. That’s what I came here for and I want one.”

Me: “Well, obviously you can wait and see if one gets returned, but seeing as it just came out today, I’m sure no one is going to bring it back until tomorrow.”

Customer: “Can’t you call someone and tell them to bring it back?”

Me: “No, ma’am. If you don’t have anything else that you need checked out, I do have a line of other people that want to get their movies and go home.”

Customer: “I don’t understand why you didn’t save me a copy!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!